Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Welcome Aboard Glenn Beck

For over a year I have written about sustainable living and the need for simplifying ones life. I have purposely remained a-political, writing that sustainability is nether a political left or right, democratic or republican issue. I have also tried to remain out of the debate concerning global warming because of the divisive nature of that discussion.

However.

I am surprised and impressed that (Fox Corporation) pundit Glenn Beck has dedicated portions of his television show to talk about the need for Americans to simplify their lives and to begin the process of sustainability.

Now I have to say that to many Americans Glenn Beck represents the far right of republican thought. Mearly mentioning his name in many circles brings out the ugliest of opinions and comments.

However.

I want to thank Mr. Beck for his actions. I believe that someone of Mr. Becks stature talking about the importance of sustainability and offering opinions on how and why to do so, is very important to the "cause".

Mr. Beck appears to be "walking the talk". How so?

To me, when a person of Mr. Becks financial success speaks about going throughout his house to look for items that he no longer needs or wants with the desire to rid himself of those items, that speaks volumes to me. When Mr. Beck pleads with his viewers to eliminate their own personal debts and to think about simplifcation and sustainability in their daily lives, I am impressed.

As the holiday season and new year approaches what is the longterm interest for your family and home? Mr. Beck is challenging his viewers by providing simple steps they can use to begin a process, a process for personal change and personal empowerment.

For bringing this discussion to his viewers I have to say, Mr. Glenn Beck, I salute you.

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment